If you could see the future ...

If you could see the future ...

by digby












I had seen this old movie "The Dead Zone" before but it was on the other night and I had it on in the background. It struck me as an interesting flick for the current period:



A high school teacher and soon-to-be wife winds up in a fateful car crash that turns his life upside down. When he awakens from a five-year coma, he discovers that through physical contact he can predict a person's ultimate fate. This power can serve to be a gift, or a curse, as Walken soon realizes when he shakes the hand of a power-hungry politician.

Martin Sheen really chews the scenery in this one as the megalomanic politician. And to think he had never seen Donald Trump at the time ...


This is a re-run of an earlier post. I think I'm going to re-run it once a month until November.

.